Thursday, January 26, 2012

This is me

Smiles. Guitar. Skateboarding. Those cold winter nights when you read a book next to a roaring fire. Cozy sweaters. Kittens. Mountain bikes. Hot chocolate. Going to the beach. Blasting music as loud as it'll go when your parents are gone. Jesus. These are the things I love. I may sound like your average, everyday teenage girl but I am far from it. Actually, I'm a princess. I'm a warrior. I'm a rebel. And I was once completely, utterly, and eternally dead. I had no life, no hope, no friends, and no purpose. Pain was my only companion. Every time I felt emotional pain I would run to the physical pain as a distraction. But this only made me more scarred. Inside and out. Life was dull and terrible and meaningless. Until I rebelled. Suddenly life was meaningful. I was passionate, driven, and motivated by some unseen force that kept pushing me forward. I was afraid. Sometimes I still am. But by now you're probably wondering what I mean by "rebel". Well I'm not talking about rebelling against parents or teachers or the government. I'm not the kind of rebel who drinks and uses drugs and swears and is impure. Because that's no longer rebellious. Over time society has convinced the majority of my generation that evil is fine. So society is what I'm rebelling against. Evil is what I'm rebelling against. Normal is what I'm rebelling against. Because normal's not enough. When I was was normal, I was dead. Now I'm alive with hope in my Lord. So look out. Fully relying on the strength of my Lord, I'm ready to take on the world as a rebel. My wounds are healed. I may still have physical scars, but spiritually I am renewed. Now my scars serve as a reminder of what I used to be, and what my Lord did for me. They're a reminder that His scars represent the ultimate sacrifice. Because through the wounds my Savior suffered on the cross, my wounds are healed forever.


1 comment:

  1. so cool!! Go Shannon!!! :D I can't wait to see what you write in the days to come!!

    ReplyDelete