Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Don't even say "I told you so"
I know I was totally wrong
Every wasted moment though
And every stupid song
They all come back to haunt me
I was just so convinced
These memories, they taunt me
It was all just circumstance
Nothing really meant anything
I read into it too much
I just did all this overthinking
And risked my heart on a hunch
Now I'm sitting here regretting
Everything I told him
These tears are resurrecting
All the pain I felt before him
I know I have myself to blame
He didn't start all this
But nothing will ever be the same
Will I always feel this hopeless?
I just wish I had a time machine
So I could warn myself to stop
So I wouldn't have to feel this pain
So I could avoid this deadly drop
I wonder when I'll feel better
It's taken months before
My heart might ache a year later
Though I won't care anymore
I waved goodbye to my feelings
The ones I treasured for so long
But this storm has left me reeling
And my regrets have been prolonged


No comments:

Post a Comment