Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Why? by Shannon Alice

Everyday without you makes the ache grow worse
I'm being prodded towards your cold eyes by an unseen force
No matter how much I try to run from your beauty
Those unloving eyes with their enchantment hold me
All I can do is give in to this love
That's eating through my heart and burning me up
Despite the pain it brings me, I keep up foolish hopes
Despite the tears, you hold me with invisible ropes
You don't even know it but you're torturing me
And even worse yet, no one else hears my plees
I've tried so hard to forget about you
But every time I try, the thoughts come back new
Now I don't even want to forget anymore
Because I've never loved any man so much before
I don't know if you're reading this but I need you right now
I need one more time to see you smile
Cause who knows how long this love will last?
Longer than any love from my past
If you're reading this, hear my cry
I know you don't love me, but please, tell me why.


No comments:

Post a Comment